Awujale Stool: Fusengbuwa Ruling House Petitions Abiodun Over Alleged Breakaway Faction
Home - News

Awujale Stool: Fusengbuwa Ruling House Petitions Abiodun Over Alleged Breakaway Faction

today

Awujale Stool: Fusengbuwa Ruling House Petitions Abiodun Over Alleged Breakaway Faction

Admin By Adewale Adewale
  • 26
  • 4 min
  • 0

The Fusengbuwa Ruling House of Ijebu-Ode has petitioned Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, over the alleged activities of a breakaway group amid the prolonged dispute over the vacant stool of the Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland.

In the petition dated August 15, 2026, and received at the Governor’s Office in Abeokuta on August 17, the ruling house accused Adeleke Adeyemi, a former secretary of one of its units, and his associates of convening unauthorised meetings, creating a parallel structure and undermining its recognised leadership.

The petition, signed by the Chairman, Otunba Abdul Lateef Adebayo Owoyemi; Deputy Chairman, Otunba Dokun Ajidagba; Vice Chairman, Prof. Fassy Adetokunboh Yusuf; and General Secretary, Pastor Prince I. Bola Salami, was also copied to senior state officials and the Awujale Afobajes Council.

The family alleged that Adeyemi had been organising meetings in the name of the Otunba Oladokun Ajidagba Unit despite an arrangement to unify the three units within the Fusengbuwa Ruling House.

It further accused Adeyemi, Ridwan Oduneye and others of constituting a purported nine-member fact-finding committee to discredit the recognised leadership and disrupt the succession process.

Describing the alleged activities as “anti-family,” the ruling house urged Governor Abiodun not to recognise or engage with what it called an “illegal and lawless group.”

It said the recognised leadership had completed the nomination process and forwarded the names through the appropriate channels.

The petition also addressed allegations surrounding the January nomination exercise, including complaints reportedly made on behalf of Fuji musician, Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde Marshal, popularly known as KWAM1, over his alleged exclusion.

The ruling house rejected the disenfranchisement claims and attributed the exclusion of some individuals to the limited capacity of Bisrod Hall and the conduct of some participants.

It also disputed claims concerning Oduneye, alleging that he and his father had previously admitted visiting KWAM1 to sign a Fusengbuwa Ruling House membership form for the musician to enable him contest for the stool.

The family said the move was rejected.

The petition followed the emergence of a rival group led by Adeyemi and Oduneye, which reportedly accused the Olori Ebi, Otunba Owoyemi; Vice Olori Ebi, Prof. Fassy Yusuf; and Deputy Chairman, Otunba Adedokun Ajidagba, of financial inducement, document manipulation and other irregularities in the nomination process.

The group subsequently purportedly announced the removal of the three leaders at a meeting held at Agunsebi Family House and named Adeyemi as interim secretary.

However, the Grand Council of the Fusengbuwa Ruling House rejected the action, describing the fact-finding committee as unauthorised and reaffirming confidence in the three leaders.

The rival faction maintained that its action was based on a general meeting attended by 115 members and insisted that it was seeking to restore due process and unity within the ruling house.

The Awujale stool became vacant on July 13, 2025, following the death of Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona at the age of 91 after about 65 years on the throne.

The Fusengbuwa Ruling House is the current house entitled to produce the Awujale, with Fidipote, Gbelegbuwa and Anikinaiya being the other houses in the established rotation.

The Ogun State Government suspended the selection process in December 2025 and again in January 2026 following petitions and concerns raised by stakeholders and security agencies.

The suspension remains in place pending the outcome of investigations.

In January 2026, the Fusengbuwa Ruling House conducted its nomination exercise at Bisrod Hall, producing 95 aspirants, 94 princes and one princess, for consideration.

The exercise later became contentious following KWAM1’s petition alleging that he and other eligible members were unlawfully excluded.

The Fusengbuwa Ruling House urged Governor Abiodun to allow its recognised organs to continue the succession process in line with the relevant law and customary procedures, while directing the Afobajes to return to their assigned responsibilities.

Prev Post

Post Election: Police Retain 15,000 Personnel in Osun, Deploy Undercover Agents

Next Post

'PMB Estate Rescue Claim Constructed on False Premise’ — Amosun Challenges Abiodun

Newsletter

Get every weekly update & insights

Comment(s) 0

Leave a Reply

BACK TO TOP